Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Santa Monica 5000



I typically never want to buy race photos, until the Santa Monica 5000. After a night at Oktoberfest, I wasn't exactly race-ready. Regardless, after less than 4 hours of sleep, I got up with my sister in law and headed to Santa Monica in the misty morning. We were both a little out of sorts...and on our way down PCH, we hit a seagull. We weren't sure what it was until the very last second it turned its head and looked at us in the headlights. What a horrible feeling...and a super start to our race! We found no trace of said birdie on the car, or in the street, so to ease our aching hearts we told ourselves the gull was fine and flew away!


As for the race, since I wasn't 100% I vowed to tail my partner for the 5k...you know...moral support. But to be honest, I really wasn't up to an all out run! In the end, Carrie shaved off a handful of minutes from her PR, and I felt pretty damn good about myself getting up so early after a night of shenanigans. To top it off, we went to breakfast in Manhattan Beach at Uncle Bills for some strawberry waffles, potatoes strogannoff and cheddar cheese and bacon french toast...from our lips to our hips! At least we have these commemorative pictures to reminisce over our lost figures. :) So what do you think? Should I spend $40 to have the high quality images?



No comments: